Rodents can be found in a host of different environments.
In cold weather rodents will be searching for warmth and food, often in your home.
It is important to recognise what rodent species you are dealing with and a well trained pest controller’s eye can determine what species by looking at their droppings. It is the most successful means of determining one species from another.
If you see Signs of Rodents around your home you might have a Rodent infestation. To successfully get rid of Rodents contact Knockout Pest Control by Rentokil for a pest inspection.
There are many different rodent species in Australia both Native and introduced, but there are only 3 commensal species which are the house mouse, Norway rat and roof rat. Commensal means living at mans expense without contributing anything beneficial to the relationship.
Rodents can be found in a host of different environments. Rodents are one of the most successful mammals in the world. They have been able to inhabit all areas on earth and exploit all food and harbourage. They are a transmitter of disease due to the environment that they inhabit. They then carry the disease on their body to your home, commercial kitchen, food manufacturing site, café.
The First Signs of Rodents
- Rodents may be seen during the day but are usually more active at night
- Rodents have poor eyesight and will follow the same routes usually close to walls or against fences, these routes are often clearly visible as trials
- Rodents have oily fur which will result in smear marks when they are regularly running along a route
- Rodents don’t hide the waste that they leave behind, and rats, with their high metabolism, leave behind a lot of droppings, in the form of 1/2 inch little fecal pellets
- Rodents also leave behind brown grease on the areas they frequently travel, and they create many tunnels and pathways in the insulation.