There are many signs to look out to identify Flying Insects.
Flies, Mosquitoes, Midges, Wasps & Bees are not ideal to have buzzing around you home or office.
Use the table below to find out if you have the signs of Flying insects in your home or business.
Signs of Flies
- Large Numbers of Flies – visually seeing several flies in and around your home is a signs of Fly infestation. You can look around problem areas like garbage bins and pools of water, look around anywhere that there may be large amounts of garbage or debris.
- Fly Eggs – Fly eggs are small, oval-shaped and white in colour. Finding clusters of these tiny eggs in your home may not mean infestation, but it will after they hatch and pupate.
- Maggots – Maggots is the larva of a fly, they are small, white and worm-like. They are often found in warm, moist, filthy places. Maggots will readily feed off nutrient-rich sources, such as manure. The higher the nutrient value the less they need.
For more information on Flies click here
Signs of Mosquitoes & Midges
- Annoying buzzing sound when you turn the lights out
- Bites on your body or your pets
- Stagnant or non flowing water within one kilometre of your home. Mosquitos are attracted to standing water
- Warm weather – the warmer the weather the better for Mosquitoes & Midges. Summer months from November to February will see increased activity from Mosquitoes & Midges
- You might see Mosquitoes & Midges around window sills, high areas in your home and light fittings
For more information on Mosquitoes & Midges click here >
Signs of Wasps & Bees
- Seeing Wasps & Bees flying in and around your home
- Look for Wasps & Bees Flying in and out of a hole in the ground or retaining wall, vents in the outside of your house, hollows of trees, eaves of houses
For more information on Wasps & Bees click here