How to Get Rid of Cockroaches from your home or business
Cockroaches can live anywhere, even on your toothbrush! There are over 3,500 species of cockroach worldwide. The most common varieties in Australia include the German, American and Oriental cockroaches.
How to get rid of Cockroaches
- Keep your house and office clean
- Cockroaches are attracted to food residue, particularly grease. Be sure to wipe down surfaces at night, never leave dirty dishes in the sink and be sure to sweep the floors. (This includes the bathroom..as we all know they love to hang around your toothbrush at night.)
- Seal up cracks and holes. Including Inside your pantry, between the countertop and the wall and in the baseboards.
- Fix any water leaks, Cockroaches are attracted to moisture.
- Kill Cockroaches by spraying it with home made solution or store bought products or…. you could just stomp on it!
If you see Cockroaches around your home or business you might have a Cockroaches infestation. To successfully get rid of Cockroaches you must always to go to the source, which is the Cockroach Nest. To find the source and get rid of Cockroach infestations contact Knockout Pest Control by Rentokil for a pest inspection.
The Australian cockroach (Periplaneta australasiae) is a common species of tropical cockroach, with a length of 23–35 millimetres (0.91–1.38 in).It is brown overall, with the tegmina having a conspicuous lateral pale stripe or margin, and the pronotum (head shield) with a sharply contrasting pale or yellow margin. It is very similar in appearance to the American cockroach and may be easily mistaken for it. It is however, slightly smaller than the American cockroach, has a yellow margin on the thorax and yellow streaks at its sides near the wing base.
Despite its name, the Australian cockroach is a cosmopolitan species, and an introduced species in Australia. P. australasiae probably originated in Africa. It is very common in the southern United States and in tropical climates, and can be found in many locations throughout the world due to its travels via shipping and commerce between locations. It can be found in Florida, California, and other coastal states.
- Cockroaches can Live almost a month without food
- Cockroaches can live for up to one week without its head!
- Cockroaches can hold their breath for up to 40minutes
- Cockroaches can run up to 4.5 Km/h
Types of Cockroaches in Australia
- Smoky Brown Cockroach (Periplaneta fuliginosa),
- Australian Cockroach, (Periplaneta australasiae),
- Brown Banded Cockroach, (Supella longipalpa),
- American Cockroach (Periplaneta americana)
Signs of Cockroaches